MLA is committed to the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people. All students should expect to feel safe within all aspects of the summer programme. The primary concern at all times must be the interests and safety of each student. Our organisation takes all reasonable steps to protect children from harm, discrimination or degrading treatment and to uphold their rights in order to create and maintain a safe and suitable environment.
• a Welfare Manager who is specifically responsible for the care of each student
• an international MD or medic on site
• links with local hospitals and other emergency services
• a responsible member of staff is available at all times, day or night, with our 24/7 emergency contact number
• students are issued an ID card
• key members of staff receive specialist child protection training
• staff are subjected to official background checks, including Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service), police checks and references to confirm their suitability to work with children
It is important that all students travelling abroad have Travel Insurance in case of medical or other emergency. For advice on this matter please contact us.
For detailed information on how we protect our students at MLA, please download our safeguarding policy.
MLA Move Language Ahead is the trading name of Go Languages Worldwide Ltd in UK and StudyWorld Corporation in USA. All rights reserved.