Our teaching method focuses on developing English communication through common topics and tasks specifically written and designed for young learners. Communication, interaction and language production is the key to our syllabus. Our book, Tasktime, has clear lesson aims and outcomes for each lesson and ranges from an Elementary A2 level to an Advanced C1 level. Our books and lessons are supplemented with a range of materials including EFL course-books, photocopiable & online materials, role-play & information gaps, vocabulary games and input, centre location and excursion links and a pronunciation syllabus to name just a few. Please note the following;
Hours of Tuition
30 hours of tuition in two weeks, usually 15 hours a week.
Students usually study between 3 to 4 hours a day.
At the London Uxbridge Centre & London Roehampton Centre it could be up to 8 hours a day.
Times of Classes
Times can vary depending on the centre but can be between;
Morning Classes 8:30 am to 1 pm
Afternoon Classes 2 pm to 6:30 pm
Maximum Class size of 15 students.
Levels & Lessons
General English courses for students from Elementary to Advanced.
Online tests are taken by students before their arrival.
Spoken and listening assessments determine student level before appropriate classes are allocated at the centre of study.
A progress mark is given daily by teachers for effort and attainment.
Certificates & Reports
MLA Student Portfolio
Our Student Portfolio is sent electronically to parents after the course in completed and gives parents a complete record of the academic programme taken with us and includes;
• A report of tasks and topics studied daily and progress marks given
• A mid-course and end of course report completed to reflect progress obtained.
• The end of course report with guidance on what students can do to continue improving their English once they return home and a comment from their teacher.
• A certificate of attendance at the level achieved according to international standards of the Common European Framework issued by the European Council, ranging from the lowest (A1) to the maximum of reached skills (C2). MLA E-Board
Our systems are digital and the academic team use them daily and they include;
• Online registers with students names, ages and online test result.
• Alerts for absences with links to our Welfare Officer and Director of Studies ensuring that the safety of our students remains our priority.
• Daily progress marks input online.
• Lesson completed and materials used input.
• Student reports and advice for further study.
Key learning points
Our teaching method focuses on producing English through topics and tasks designed for young learners. Communication and language production is the key to our syllabus. MLA Book; Tasktime
Designed and written specifically for young learners.
Levels range from A2 to C1.
Support given to guide lesson and task objectives.
Tasks and topics aim to develop communication and comprehension.
Aimed at young learner’s areas of interest.
During your time on our course, you can expect to:
Practice and use English to complete tasks.
Speak and listen to English being used.
Acquire and practise new vocabulary. Lesson Objectives
Our approach is focused on communication and spoken English.
Lessons are a combination of communicative activities, vocabulary development, pronunciation tasks, language and role plays, excursion preparation and project work.
Students student a variety of different topics, though which they acquire and develop new vocabulary, improve English pronunciation and their speaking and listening; they will also learn more about British or American culture.
MLA Chit Chat Club
There are areas available to MLA students where they can meet our team and continue listening/comprehension/speaking activities in a natural environment. This approach allows students to practice language through continuous contact with native speakers.
In some of our summer centres, for an additional charge, we can provide exam courses and tests such as Trinity GESE (Graded Examination in Spoken English).These examinations are ideal as a motivational goal for students
MLA Move Language Ahead is the trading name of Go Languages Worldwide Ltd in UK and StudyWorld Corporation in USA. All rights reserved.