Worcester & London
University of Worcester
2 or more weeks / July-August / residential/Homestay
Start dates 2/7, 3/7, 9/7, 17/7,18/7, 30/7, 31/7
- Full board en-suite accommodation in single/twin rooms
- Full board homestay accommodation in twin/triple rooms
- 40 English lessons: 30 hours of classroom instruction
- Online placement test
- MLA Taskbooks: five student books designed for the needs of learners of all levels of English
- MLA Portfolio: learning resources, daily evaluation and attendance record, day by day topics, tasks completed and material used
- E-board: a record of the learning progress by monitoring the students’ attendance, the content developed in class, the topics and teaching aids used during the lessons
- Certificate of attendance
- End of course report
- Graduation Ceremony
- Chit Chat Club: speak and practice the language with our MLA Team
Top Plus Programme
- MLA MiniBreak to London: Three days/two nights in university residence, standard half board accommodation
- MLA British Experience:
• MLA Summer Song
• Romeo & Juliet Experience
- MLA Combo Meal:
• Two English Breakfasts
• Four additional afternoon/evening snacks
• MLA Prepaid Meal Card on excursions and MiniBreak
- One full-day excursion by private bus and support of mother tongue staff:
• Oxford with Christ Church College (admission included)
- Three half-day excursions to Worcester and support of mother tongue staff:
• Walking Tour
• Worcester Cathedral (admission included)
• Shopping on the High Street
- Two half-day excursions by private bus and support of mother tongue staff:
• Stratford Upon Avon with Shakespeare’s Birthplace (admission included)
• Gloucester with Gloucester Cathedral (admission included)
- Sport and leisure activities:
• Support of mother tongue staff
Many MLA centres operate a zig-zag format, with either morning lessons and afternoon activities, or morning activities and afternoon lessons. During the second week, the schedule will swap to the opposite format. Below there is a sample timetable. In many programmes in the United States and in some in the UK – where the excursion programme is rich – we use full-day lessons (mornings and afternoons) in order to allow for additional full-day excursions.
Our traditional MLA Top and Top Plus formula offers a comprehensive two week programme. Let our experienced operations teams in the UK or USA design an extended programme at one of our centres from three to six weeks in length customized for your group.
parents and students the guarantee that the language course, centre management and staff, activities, and accommodations are all held to the highest standards of quality, student safety and wellbeing.
English UK is the national association of accredited English language centres.
English UK was formed in 2004 from the Association of Recognised English Language Services (ARELS) and the British Association of State English Language Teaching (BASELT). Since then, English UK has been established as the voice of the UK’s English language teaching sector, working with a wide range of partners and stakeholders worldwide.
The group is committed to providing a safe and rewarding language learning experience for students while in the UK, through a commitment to offering the highest standards of welfare, management and teaching.
Preparation for these exams and achievement of GESE qualifications supports people wishing to develop their proficiency in English language speaking – for personal goals, study, travel, employment, settlement or for visa application purposes.