New York & Washington D.C.
Ramapo College Of New Jersey
2 or more weeks / July-August / residential
Start dates 18/6, 19/6, 2/7, 3/7, 10/7, 17/7, 24/7, 31/7
• Full board, one double bedroom with a shared bathroom 1:2
• Full board, four single bedrooms with a shared bathroom 1:4
- 7 Full-day Excursions
- 1 Half-day Excursion
- 5 Entrances
- 2 Days MiniBreak
- Hard Rock Cafe Meal
- Broadway Musical
- American Experience: Cowboy Experience: Barbecue & Hoedown Square Dance
- 40 English lessons
- Online placement test
- MLA Taskbooks: five student books designed for the needs of learners of all levels of English
- MLA Portfolio: learning resources, daily evaluation and attendance record, day by day topics, tasks completed and material used
- E-board: a record of the learning progress by monitoring the students’ attendance, the content developed in class, the topics and teaching aids used during the lessons
- Certificate of attendance
- End of course report
- Graduation Ceremony
- Chit Chat Club: speak and practice the language with our MLA Team
Top Plus Programme
- MLA American Experience:
• MLA Summer Song
• Cowboy Experience: Barbecue & Hoedown Square Dance
- MLA Combo Meal:
• Two American Breakfasts
• MLA Prepaid Meal Card during excursions and MiniBreak
- Hard Rock Cafe: a meal in one of America’s most famous restaurants
- Musical: theatrical show in a NY theatre (admission included)
- Seven full-day excursions in Manhattan by private bus:
• Times Square Tour; Bryant Park & New York Public Library
• Central Park: Strawberry Fields & Bethesda Fountain; Metropolitan Museum of Art (admission included)
• Lower Manhattan with a visit to the One World Observatory (admission included): 9/11 Memorial; Wall Street & Charging Bull, South Street Seaport & Brooklyn Bridge Walk
• Midtown & 42nd Street: Chelsea Highline & Market, MoMA (admission included).
• Shopping on Fifth Avenue with visit to St. Patrick’s Cathedral & Rockefeller Center; MACY’S; Herald Square & Madison Square Garden
• Statue of Liberty: Ellis Island Immigration Museum and ferry (admission included)
• Coney Island: Atlantic Ocean Beach day
- One half-day excursion by private bus and support of mother tongue staff:
• Woodbury Common Premium Outlets
- Sport and leisure activities:
• Support of mother tongue staff
Minibreak in Washington D.C.
Two days/one night in hotel/university residence with standard services and half board, which includes:
- Philadelphia: Rocky Steps, Independence Mall, Liberty Bell Center
- Baltimore: Inner Harbour & Fort McHenry National Monument (admission included)
- Washington D.C.: The White House, Capital Building, Smithsonian Museum, Washington Monument; World War II Memorial & Lincoln Memorial
This is a sample of a 2 weeks Top Plus programme. Bespoke programmes for more than 2 weeks are available.
Many MLA centres operate a zig-zag format, with either morning lessons and afternoon activities, or morning activities and afternoon lessons. During the second week, the schedule will swap to the opposite format. Below there is a sample timetable. In many programmes in the United States and in some in the UK – where the excursion programme is rich – we use full-day lessons (mornings and afternoons) in order to allow for additional full-day excursions.
The Department’s priority is improving population health by strengthening New Jersey’s health system. The Department’s five branches, Public Health Services, Health Systems, Integrated Health, Office of Population Health and the Office of Policy and Strategic Planning work collaboratively toward that goal. Population health focuses on keeping healthy New Jerseyans well, preventing those at risk from getting sick, and keeping those with chronic conditions from getting sicker. Population health promotes prevention, wellness and equity in all environments, resulting in a healthy New Jersey.
Accreditation International (Ai) assures the educational quality of schools and plans for continuous school improvement to increase student learning. Ai standards are based on international research, best practices, and historical accreditation processes.
NCPSA Accreditation Process. The National Council for Private School Accreditation is dedicated to the accreditation process as a viable and responsible means of establishing a witness of school excellence.