Heriot Watt University
2 or more weeks / July-August / residential
Start dates 18/6, 19/6, 2/7, 3/7, 17/7, 18/7, 30/7, 31/7
The campus offers a unique learning environment close to the exciting and vibrant city of Edinburgh, just 15 minutes away. Students will enjoy the wonderful landscapes, the indoor and outdoor sport facilities, theatre halls, restaurants, cafes and shops. The animation provided
by Scottish staff is highly effective in contributing to the development of student’s language skills.
Full board en-suite accommodation in single/twin rooms.
- 2 Full-day Excursions
- 7 Half-day Excursions
- 4 Entrances
- Hard Rock Cafe Meal
- Scottish Experience: Braveheart Experience
- 40 English lessons: 30 hours of classroom instruction
- Online placement test
- MLA Taskbooks: five student books designed for the needs of learners of all levels of English
- MLA Portfolio: learning resources, daily evaluation and attendance record, day by day topics, tasks completed and material used
- E-board: a record of the learning progress by monitoring the students’ attendance, the content developed in class, the topics and teaching aids used during the lessons
- Certificate of attendance
- End of course report
- Graduation Ceremony
- Chit Chat Club: speak and practice the language with our MLA Team
- MLA Scottish Experience:
• MLA Summer Song
• Braveheart Experience
- MLA Combo Meal:
• Two Scottish breakfasts
• Four additional afternoon/evening snacks
• MLA Prepaid Meal Card on excursions
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Two full-day excursions by private bus and support of mother tongue staff:
• Glasgow with Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Glasgow Cathedral
• Stirling with Stirling Castle (admission included)
- Seven half-day excursions to Edinburgh by public transportation and support of mother tongue staff:
• Walking Tour
• National Museum of Scotland
• Edinburgh Castle (admission included)
• Royal Botanic Garden
• Holyrood Palace (admission included)
• Edinburgh National Gallery and The Royal Yacht Britannia (admission included)
• Calton Hill
- Sport and leisure activities:
• Support of mother tongue staff
Many MLA centres operate a zig-zag format, with either morning lessons and afternoon activities, or morning activities and afternoon lessons. During the second week, the schedule will swap to the opposite format. Below there is a sample timetable. In many programmes in the United States and in some in the UK – where the excursion programme is rich – we use full-day lessons (mornings and afternoons) in order to allow for additional full-day excursions.
parents and students the guarantee that the language course, centre management and staff, activities, and accommodations are all held to the highest standards of quality, student safety and wellbeing.
English UK is the national association of accredited English language centres.
English UK was formed in 2004 from the Association of Recognised English Language Services (ARELS) and the British Association of State English Language Teaching (BASELT). Since then, English UK has been established as the voice of the UK’s English language teaching sector, working with a wide range of partners and stakeholders worldwide.
The group is committed to providing a safe and rewarding language learning experience for students while in the UK, through a commitment to offering the highest standards of welfare, management and teaching.
Preparation for these exams and achievement of GESE qualifications supports people wishing to develop their proficiency in English language speaking – for personal goals, study, travel, employment, settlement or for visa application purposes.