Queen Margaret University
1, 2 or 3 weeks / August / residential / homestay
Start dates 16/8, 23/8
• Full board en-suite accommodation in single or twin rooms
• Full board homestay accommodation in twin/triple rooms
- High-tech buildings, an innovative learning resource centre and attractive landscaped spaces
- Excellent sports facilities, both indoor and outdoor
- Train station on campus, Edinburgh city centre only 6 minutes away
- 20 English lessons: 15 hours of classroom instruction
- Online placement test
- MLA Taskbooks: five student books designed for the needs of learners of all levels of English
- MLA Portfolio: learning resources, daily evaluation and attendance record, day by day topics, tasks completed and material used
- E-board: a record of the learning progress by monitoring the students’ attendance, the content developed in class, the topics and teaching aids used during the lessons
- Certificate of attendance
- End of course report
- Activity Leaders throughout the period
- Sport and Leisure: One Disco Night, one Karaoke Night, one Treasure Hunt, one Fashion Night, one Quiz Night, one Movie Night, sports sessions
- Full-day excursions by private bus and support of mother tongue staff:
• St Andrews
- Half-day excursions by private bus and support of mother tongue staff:
• Rosslyn Chapel
• The Kelpies
- Admission to local attractions and other nearby destinations:
• Edinburgh Castle
• Holyrood Palace
• Royal Yacht Britannia
parents and students the guarantee that the language course, centre management and staff, activities, and accommodations are all held to the highest standards of quality, student safety and wellbeing.
English UK is the national association of accredited English language centres.
English UK was formed in 2004 from the Association of Recognised English Language Services (ARELS) and the British Association of State English Language Teaching (BASELT). Since then, English UK has been established as the voice of the UK’s English language teaching sector, working with a wide range of partners and stakeholders worldwide.
The group is committed to providing a safe and rewarding language learning experience for students while in the UK, through a commitment to offering the highest standards of welfare, management and teaching.
Preparation for these exams and achievement of GESE qualifications supports people wishing to develop their proficiency in English language speaking – for personal goals, study, travel, employment, settlement or for visa application purposes.