Rydal Penrhos School
2 or more weeks / July-August / residential
Start dates 7/7, 8/7, 20/7, 21/7
Known as a coastal retreat, Colwyn Bay is located in North Wales and the town overlooks the Irish sea and the bay of Liverpool. Our centre, Rydal Penrhos, is a beautiful boarding school overlooking the sea yet located in the centre of the town of Colwyn Bay. The remarkable style is one typical of a grand boarding school with facilities to match including a sports hall, dance studio, tennis courts, a football field and wide green spaces. The accommodation is in boarding houses, in single, double, triple and quadruple rooms with a spacious common room where students can relax and socialize during their free time.
Full board standard accommodation in single/ twin/triple/quadruple rooms with shared facilities 1:5
- 2 Full-day Excursions
- 5 Half-day Excursions
- 4 Entrances
- British Experience: The Lord of the Rings Experience
- 40 English lessons: 30 hours of classroom instruction
- Online placement test
- MLA Taskbooks: five student books designed for the needs of learners of all levels of English
- MLA Portfolio: learning resources, daily evaluation and attendance record, day by day topics, tasks completed and material used
- E-board: a record of the learning progress by monitoring the students’ attendance, the content developed in class, the topics and teaching aids used during the lessons
- Certificate of attendance
- End of course report
- Graduation Ceremony
- Chit Chat Club: speak and practice the language with our MLA Team
Top Plus Programme1. MLA British Experience:
- MLA British Experience:
• MLA Summer Song
• The Lord of the Rings Experience
- MLA Combo Meal:
• Two English breakfasts
• Four additional afternoon/evening snacks
• MLA Prepaid Meal Card on excursions
- Two full-day excursions by private bus and support of mother tongue staff:
• Liverpool with The Beatles Story (admission included)
• Manchester with Museum of Science & Industry
- Two half-day excursions to Colwyn Bay and support of mother tongue staff:
• Walking Tour
• Colwyn Bay Beach
5. Three half-day excursions by private bus and support of mother tongue staff:
• Chester with Chester Cathedral (admission included)
• Conwy Castle (admission included)
• Welsh Mountain Zoo (admission included)
- Sport and leisure activities:
• Support of mother tongue staff
This is a sample of a 2 weeks Top Plus programme. Bespoke programmes for more than 2 weeks are available.
Many MLA centres operate a zig-zag format, with either morning lessons and afternoon activities, or morning activities and afternoon lessons. During the second week, the schedule will swap to the opposite format. Below there is a sample timetable. In many programmes in the United States and in some in the UK – where the excursion programme is rich – we use full-day lessons (mornings and afternoons) in order to allow for additional full-day excursions.
parents and students the guarantee that the language course, centre management and staff, activities, and accommodations are all held to the highest standards of quality, student safety and wellbeing.
English UK is the national association of accredited English language centres.
English UK was formed in 2004 from the Association of Recognised English Language Services (ARELS) and the British Association of State English Language Teaching (BASELT). Since then, English UK has been established as the voice of the UK’s English language teaching sector, working with a wide range of partners and stakeholders worldwide.
The group is committed to providing a safe and rewarding language learning experience for students while in the UK, through a commitment to offering the highest standards of welfare, management and teaching.
Preparation for these exams and achievement of GESE qualifications supports people wishing to develop their proficiency in English language speaking – for personal goals, study, travel, employment, settlement or for visa application purposes.