Bristol & London Minibreak
2 or more weeks / July-August / residential
Start dates: 2/7, 3/7, 17/7, 18/7, 30/7, 31/7
• Full board en-suite accommodation in single/twin rooms Top Nationalities
- 1 Full-day Excursion
- 5 Half-day Excursions
- 3 Entrances
- 3 Days MiniBreak
- British Experience: Alice in Wonderland Experience
- 40 English lessons: 30 hours of classroom instruction
- Online placement test
- MLA Taskbooks: five student books designed for the needs of learners of all levels of English
- MLA Portfolio: learning resources, daily evaluation and attendance record, day by day topics, tasks completed and material used
- E-board: a record of the learning progress by monitoring the students’ attendance, the content developed in class, the topics and teaching aids used during the lessons
- Certificate of attendance
- End of course report
- Graduation Ceremony
- Chit Chat Club: speak and practice the language with our MLA Team
Top Plus Programme
- Activity Leaders throughout the period
- MiniBreak to London (two days/one night) in university residence, standard accommodation and breakfast included
- Hard Rock Cafe dinner
- British Experience:
• Two English Breakfasts
• The Viking Experience
• Graduation Ceremony
- Two full-day excursions by private bus and support of mother tongue staff:
• Liverpool with The Beatles Story (admission included)
• Manchester with Museum of Science & Industry.
- Two half-day excursions to York by public transportation and support of mother tongue staff:
• Walking Tour
• York Minster (admission included)
- Two half-day excursions by private bus and support of mother tongue staff:
• Leeds with Industrial Museum at Armley Mills (admission included)
• Withby with Walking Tour
- Sport and Leisure:
• Four Disco Nights, two Karaoke Nights, one Treasure Hunt, one Fashion Night, one Quiz Night, two Movie Nights, one Talent Show, sports sessions
This is a sample of a 2 weeks Top Plus programme. Bespoke programmes for more than 2 weeks are available.
Many MLA centres operate a zig-zag format, with either morning lessons and afternoon activities, or morning activities and afternoon lessons. During the second week, the schedule will swap to the opposite format. Below there is a sample timetable. In many programmes in the United States and in some in the UK – where the excursion programme is rich – we use full-day lessons (mornings and afternoons) in order to allow for additional full-day excursions.
parents and students the guarantee that the language course, centre management and staff, activities, and accommodations are all held to the highest standards of quality, student safety and wellbeing.
English UK is the national association of accredited English language centres.
English UK was formed in 2004 from the Association of Recognised English Language Services (ARELS) and the British Association of State English Language Teaching (BASELT). Since then, English UK has been established as the voice of the UK’s English language teaching sector, working with a wide range of partners and stakeholders worldwide.
The group is committed to providing a safe and rewarding language learning experience for students while in the UK, through a commitment to offering the highest standards of welfare, management and teaching.
Preparation for these exams and achievement of GESE qualifications supports people wishing to develop their proficiency in English language speaking – for personal goals, study, travel, employment, settlement or for visa application purposes.